Valuation Services is pleased to be one of the sponsors for the Palm Beach County Wealth & Estate Planning Seminar on September 19, 2017 at Florida Atlantic University. We hope that everyone survived Hurricane Irma and had minimal damage to their homes and workplace.
August 7, 2017 was the close of the comment period for Treasury Notice 2017-38. The Treasury Department released this notice pursuant to Executive Order 13789, and contains an interim list of eight tax regulations that possibly impose an undue financial burden on U.S. taxpayers or add excessive complexity to the Federal tax laws. The S Corporation Association joined several other trade groups in submitting its final comments on the proposed regulations affecting Section 2704 of the Internal Revenue Code, and included its study highlighting the threat these rules pose to family businesses and their employees. The study, authored by former Clinton economist Dr. Robert Shapiro, makes it clear that the proposed Section 2704 rules violate all three of the criteria established in the president’s executive order: (1) they are financially burdensome; (2) they are unduly complex; and (3) they exceed Treasury’s authority.
- DC Estate Planning Council Annual Golf Tournament 2022
- The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel’s 2022 Mid-Atlantic Regional Meeting
- The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel’s 2022 Annual Meeting
- 2021 DC Estate Planning Council Annual Golf Tournament
- 54th Annual Heckerling Institute on Estate Planning in Orlando, FL